Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Specialty Coffee Map London

Blue Crow Media's London Best Coffee app is one of my favourite app, and is one my partner use religiously. Alongside my Foursquare list of London coffee shops, the Independent Coffee Book and the app, we've never had a bad cup of coffee in London, ever.

The app is both available on Android and iPhone only, which is a bummer for Windows Phone users like me. Thankfully the developer at Blue Crow Media has decided to release a bog standard paper version. The fold up version costs just £3 and I picked mine up at Rapha Cycle Shop in Soho last week. Ever since then I always carry the paper copy in my wallet.

The two sided map is pocket size and it covers the main central of London including the Soho, Fitzrovia, Bloomsbury, City of London and parts of Shoreditch. As expected, the map isn't that extensive due to the limitation of an analogue medium but it is still good to have a back up with me whenever I am using a phone that doesn't support the app or my phone's battery is dead and I am really dying for a caffeine fix.

About 100 coffee shops and their addresses are listed on the map, though about half of them are 'off map' with a rough direction on where they are located. These includes coffee shops as far away as West Norwood, Forest Hill and Richmond. Only coffee shops using beans from independent roasters such as Square Mile, Nude Espresso, Climpson & Sons, Monmouth, Has Bean etc. are included.

For only £3, the Specialty Coffee Map makes for a nice cheap and cheerful investment for any self respecting coffee addict, or even as a gift for anyone who happens to be living or visiting London.

No comments: