Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Nintendo of Europe customer service

This is a true story when a friend of mine called Nintendo Europe to help unlock the system. It went something like this:

NoE: Nintendo customer service, how may I help?
Caller: I need the master code to unlock the parental control.
NoE: May I ask why do you need a master code for?
Caller: Well, it is a second hand Wii...
NoE: I am sorry. You mentioned that it is second hand. I can't help you.
Caller: Why not? I have the serial number and confirmation code. It isn't stolen.
NoE: But you mentioned that it is used and there is nothing we can do. If you did not mention that it was used I could have given you the master code.
Caller: So if I call back and pretend that it isn't used, you will give me the master code?
NoE: Yes.
Caller: So why don't you pretend that we didn't have this conversation rather than wasting both of our time?
NoE: Because I've already heard it.
Caller: But...
NoE: If you call again and mention that you lost your pin then we will give you the master code.
Caller: Fine!

One minutes later

NoE: Nintendo customer service, how may I help?
Caller: Hello, I need the master code to unlock the parental control as I have forgotten my pin number. I have the confirmation code right here.
NoE: That is not a problem...

1 comment:

tokyo_nights said...

OMG...that had me in stitches....