Sunday, April 24, 2005

Casio Exilim Pro EX-P600DDA

Bought a Nikon Coolpix 5200 from Jessops the other day. The movie mode was excellent but I am not purchasing this for the video more hence the reason why I returned this. Don't get me wrong, the 5200 is very good and very small (although I don't like the design, the hand grip works well). The quality is amazing. You can see some of the images (resized) I took with it on my Flickr account.

Anyway I ordered a
Casio Exilim Pro EX-P600DDA. The P600 is a year old but it has a six megapixel CCD sensor and 4x optical zoom. The size is pretty big for a digital compact but it does come with a larger battery compared to the 5200. And at £192 it's a bargain.

The reason why I swayed towards the P600 is the ability to use conversion lenses from Canon! It has the ability to save images in uncompressed TIFF format plus the inclusion of a wireless IR remote control is a huge bonus. Other reasons to like is the great design. I know some people hate the 'robotic industrial' design but both me and
Jennifer like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Electronics... dunno what's so good bout it :)

Jon Choo said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

i have the P700 and it is an amazing prosumer.